What is the "Staff" group?
The staff group is used when you want to define a set of users as being special to the organization. An organization owner puts all affected users in a particular group and marks that group as the "staff" group within the organization settings.
What does a staff group do?
If a staff group is defined, it allows an extra level of group permissions to be set. Group access can be restricted to just members of the staff group, preventing access by other members of the organization.
- Staff group are employees
- Non-staff are contractors
Open Source Community:
- Staff group are primary contributors, people with merge permissions
- Non-staff are single-patch contributors or people with feedback, or seeking support
- Staff group are the team coordinators
- Non-staff are the players
- Staff group are administration and teachers
- Non-staff are parents
- Staff are the contractors
- Non-staff are the customers.