There are different roles a user can have within Topicbox.
- Someone who doesn't have a Topicbox login or who isn't a member of the organization.
- Someone who has a login to the organization.
- Group moderator
- A member who, for a particular group, has the ability to review held posts and accept or reject them.
- Group administrator
- A member who, for a particular group, has the ability to act as a moderator as well as accept or reject membership requests.
- For the groups they administrate, they also can manage the group settings.
- Organization owner
- A member who has access to the billing controls and settings for the organization.
Someone can be a member for some groups and a group moderator or administrator for others: becoming a group moderator or administrator for one group does not automatically grant you privileges for all groups.
An organization owner can, but does not have to, be a member of any groups.
|Posts: can read||maybe||maybe||yes||yes||yes|
|Posts: can send||maybe||maybe||yes||yes||yes|
|Posts: can moderate||no||no||yes||yes||yes|
|Members: can see||maybe||maybe||yes||yes||yes|
|Members: can add/remove||no||no||no||yes||yes|
|Groups: can create||no||maybe||n/a||n/a||yes|
|Groups: can change settings||no||no||no||yes||yes|
|Groups: change delivery options||no||self||self||self and others||self and others|
|Billing: user limit||no||no||no||no||yes|
|Billing: change payment method||no||no||no||no||yes|
|Billing: change plan||no||no||no||no||yes|
|Support: access help||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Support: tickets and chat||no||no||yes||yes||yes|
Where the table reads "maybe", it's because the ability for that role to take that action will be dependent on the group settings.
It is possible to override the moderation policy for specific users within a group.